Senior Data Centre Operator
|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Salary:||AU$40.00 - AU$45.00 per hour|
The client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Data Centre Operator to join their team on a 12 month contract.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to work well in an environment that requires flexibility and intelligent decision making based upon limited information and time constraints.
- General Data Centre Support Activities including: Temperature & Humidity Controls, Power Management, Cable Management, Rack Management, Tape Media Management.
- Installation/de-installation of hardware and associated cabling;
- Maintain Software and update records within iTracs management system;
- Updating of tape media management records;
- Manage staff in the day to day operations of the Data centre;
- Ensure WH&S compliance and Code of Conduct is adhered to;
- Experience with PRTG Network monitor, Unix Systems Admin and Cisco IOs will be highly regarded;
- Previous experience providing Data Centre facilities management services for large corporate systems;
- Knowledge of facilities engineering systems including: electrical and mechanical distribution, power generation, cooling systems, UPS, automated building controls and Fire/Life/Safety.
- Previous experience with ITracs data centre management tool or equivalent;
- Experience in Data Centre Rack and Cable Management Systems;
- Experience with Dell/HP KVM systems and Avocent Cyclades Terminal Servers;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to present information to small groups, customers and vendors.
- Physically fit;
- A valid manual Class C Drivers Licence;
- Monday to Friday - Between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm (exclusing public holidays);
- Some on call support may be required.
If this sounds like the position for you please click on the link below to apply or shoot through your resume .