Senior Data Centre Operator
|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$45 - AU$55 per hour + Super|
We are looking for a Senior Data Centre Operator to provide data centre support activities and innovative solutions within day-to-day processes and uphold 2IC responsibilities.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-driven, and self-motivated IT support specialist to harness their Data Centre expertise.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance to the Data Centre Manager by supporting day-to-day activities
- Focus on aspects such as Rack Management, Cable Management, Environmental Controls, Power Management, and Tape Media Management
- Coordinate the external contractor's preventative maintenance and/or the repairs of data centre operations
- Be a supervisor to the inspection, installation, repairs, routine maintenance, and modifications of business-critical systems
- Installation, de-installation, relocation of servers, and manage other IT equipment, cabling, and hardware
- Keep documentation and records up-to-date, track computing equipment into and out of managed data centres
- Assist with 24x7 on-call responses to business-critical data centre systems
- Work in a 2IC role and manage the team when the Data Centre Manager is away
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of facilities engineering systems, including but not limited to, electrical and mechanical distribution, power generation, cooling systems, UPS, automated building controls and safety
- Experience with high density data centre power and cooling processes
- Experience in data centre rack and cable management
- Experience using DELL/HP KVM systems and Avocent Cyclades Terminal servers
- Capability to function in an environment which requires flexibility, good judgement and intelligent decision making, often based upon limited information and/or time conditions.
- Experience with iTracs data centre management tool (or equivalent)
- Valid manual Class C Driver's License
- Qualifications in relevant fields such as data network cabling, Visio, Unix Systems, Cisco, and camera monitoring
Additional Benefits on Offer:
- Join an outgoing, mission focused, and professional team
- Opportunity for professional and career development
- 12-month contract work up to 8 hours per day with a maximum of 40 hours a week.
If this sounds like the next career step for you and you have the relevant experience, click 'apply now' and submit an up-to-date copy of your CV or call (07) 3020 0315 for a further discussion.