Senior Business Analyst
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
Our client is a renowned Australian higher education institution seeking 3 experienced Senior BAs to work within an enterprise systems transfromation program.
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of the high level strategic decision making for the major enterprise systems Program. The initial focus of your role will be around conducting initial assements around areas of improvements, application rationalisation opportunities and development of system roadmaps prior to the program kicking off in 2018.
This role requires experts to help build roadmaps and set up the framework for rationalising and optimising these enterprise systems as opportunities for improvements are broad ranging from an enterprise architecture perspective.
More specifically there are 3 streams, with systems rationalisation being the core stream followed by the applicatons lifecycle frameworks and control metrics. You will provide analytical and functional expertise in the collection and analysis of the organisations systems, develop the application lifecycle and control metrics frameworks and provide recommendations to Business and IT Manager on approaches to rationalise systems effectively and efficiently.
Working on the Enterprise Systems Transformation program, under the direction of the Systems Transformation Lead.
- System portfolio register, creation of templates to gather information from owners and specialists on the various technology systems within the Organiastion
- Capturing data to enable analysis of cost of life of such systems to make recommendations for rationalisation, replacement and/or decommissioning.
- The Business Analyst will also be required to develop frameworks based on best practices for Application Lifecycle Management and Control Metrics.
This role will have a major focus on the analysis ad recommendations to senior executives and will require working alongside a joint team of University's staff, external consultants and with key business stakeholders.
You must have:
- Previous experience working in enviorments where level of maturity is low from a requirements and doccumentation perspective.
- You MUST have prior experience working on system rationalisation, creating frameworks and system registers.
- Must have experience in conducting assessments, identifying inefficiencies and making recommendations for improvements
- You must have strong working knowledge of BA principles and methodologies.
- Experience across systems implementations and large scale project enviorments.
- Experience in building system frameworks and templates ("AS IS" vs "TO BE")
- Experience in Asset lifecycle management (tracibility matrix).
- Ideally prior experince working within a University
- Experienced in influencing and working with stakeholders at all levels.
Please APPLY NOW in order to be considered for this unique opportunity.