Senior Business Analyst
The purpose of this Business Analyst - Management Accounting position is to assist the organisation to achieve greater efficiency through detailed reporting, understand organisational structures, methods, systems and procedures. Deliver high quality dashboard and other reporting tools aimed at achieving stakeholder satisfaction and the efficient use of organisations' resources
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in defining business requirements for the successful delivery of reports.
- Describe and analyse problems and provide options to resolve.
- Develop a range of monthly analytical products such as reports, dashboards and visualisations for a wide range of internal users.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders involved in the implementation of process.
- Assist with the development of information to be used to prepare Business Cases for future projects.
- Develop finance workpapers, technical and business requirements, baseline documents and work plans
- Work on large data sets and break it down into meaningful business insights.
- Identify, Analyse and resolve monthly reporting issues and implement practical solutions.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification level.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, with specific reference service sector.
- High level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, particularly in the context of change management.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise, plan and undertake business analysis and investigations together with the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Proven self-management skills including a demonstrated capacity to work to strict deadlines, flexibility, problem solving and excellent organisation skills.
- Demonstrate a solid practical understanding of accounting principles and their day to day usage.
- Experience using MS Access, SQL and Power Pivots.
- Tertiary qualification in Finance/Accounting
- SAP technical knowledge
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role working in a large Public Sector organisation, and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply now or contact Lily-Ann Nguyen on 02 9248 6215 for a confidential discussion!