Senior BA - Web Development
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst position is to work closely with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs, their strategic business drivers and specific requirements in relation to information technology. Within the context of a project, the Business Analyst will then ensure that technology solutions meet those requirements that will ultimately support the strategic priorities.
- Investigate Business Unit requirements using a range of tools including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Identify and interview relevant customers and stakeholders across the organisation who may have an interest in, or be affected by, the problem or solution; facilitate group workshops where necessary.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct complex information into more easily accessible details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ensure the required documents are maintained and stored in the appropriate document management system, currently SharePoint.
- Collaborate with technical leads, technical architects, solution designers, developers, IT security specialists and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Assist with the preparation of documents for tenders and requests for information
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements.
- Work with the external supplier or vendor to ensure deliverables are on time.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Develop business cases and proposed solutions from "As-Is" to "To-Be" end-to-end business processes including requirement specifications based on user requirements and vendor options and in accordance with internal standards, using appropriate language and in line with Strategic Objectives.
- Develop business requirements documentation using agile techniques that includes the vision (goals), personas, user stories and acceptance criteria for the defined project scope
- Develop key project reporting documents, including Business Cases, Discovery Tasks Brief, Options Studies, Project Plans, Status Reports etc.
- Act as liaison between the Business Units, technology teams and support teams.
- Drive and challenge Business Units on their assessment of the problems and assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Utilize experience in using organisation-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Analyse business needs of a more complex nature and with significant impact across the University
- Develop recommended approaches that support of transitioning of the business unit/s from their "As-Is" (current) to the proposed "To-Be" (future) state, including proposed changes to end-to-end business processes and current technology solutions based on user requirements and market options and in accordance with standards, using appropriate language and in line with the organisations strategic priorities and vision.
- Prepare testing documentation including test strategies, test plans and scenarios and coordinate and monitor testing of new solutions.
- Prepare training documentation and undertake the training of end users.
- A self-starter, eloquent with advanced analysis skills
- Outcome focused, able to take leadership and showcase their outputs
- Strong workshopping skills and co-ordination of multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience in working on large-scale web development projects,
- Be very comfortable working in a rapid/agile style environment,
- Able to support the business in the development of operating models / business processes (as well as having excellent E2E requirements management skills),
- Work well with senior stakeholders, multiple stakeholder areas, and third parties (as required)
- Able to handle ambiguity and the demands of a changing environment,
Please note this is not an IT Transformation, please do not apply if you have not worked on the business side of a transformation!
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role working in a large Public Sector organisation, and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply now!