Senior Application Support
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$90000 - AU$100000 per annum|
My client is looking for an Application Support developer to join the team in the Sydney office.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
- You must have 4+ years SQL and Linux experience
- 3 years technology experience in a commercial environment preferably in a developer role
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Experience in supporting applications in a Linux or Unix environment, with sound knowledge incident and release management process.
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Experience developing test cases and ensuring appropriate test coverage through unit and automated testing
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Exceptional communication skills are a must - dealing with stakeholders on a daily basis
Responsibilities of the role:
- Proactive management of our production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortem
- Identify and build improvements to system behavior, control and monitoring tools.
- Lead projects that continue to improve the availability, stability and performance of the system (eg. Disaster recovery, stress/capacity and exchange testing)
- Help plan and execute new releases of software with development teams.
- The Asia Pac team is spread across Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China and India. The role requires working as part of the larger global team and collaboratively working with counterparts across the region on both local and global initiatives.