Senior Android Developer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$90000 - AU$1200000 per annum|
Causing a swell in the Sydney tech scene, this software agency produces some of the highest quality applications on the market today. This environment is very tech-centric and will suit an experienced engineer keen to tackle and solve tough problems day-to-day.
Joining a team of 2 other Android developers, 3 iOS developers and 8 other software engineers, forming part of a highly functional delivery team your role as an Android Developer you'll be responsible for the technical delivery and execution of Android mobile apps. This is a high product development environment.
You will be contributing to a role in ensuring that the technical procedures, tools and framework is of high calibre, fit for purpose and adopts contemporary practices that provide solutions to build and expand our mobile event platform on Android.
- Pro-actively contribute to all aspects of the delivery of Android application.
- Take responsibility for developing quality, cost effective and fit for purpose mobile solutions.
- Develop, release and maintain applications under source control management.
- Develop Continuous Integration (CI) tools and processes to provide continuous delivery for ongoing projects.
- Assist in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including analysis, gathering, design, estimation of time and effort according to iteration plans, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Provide technical solution input to user interface, design decisions and unit test code and functional automation tests for the development of robust, stable and scalable apps.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
You'll have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and deploy products and features. You'll also develop and implement features into new and existing applications across multiple platforms (Android, Web Services). As always, you'll support bug fixing and improving application performance where possible. To be successful, you'll have the following skills & experience:
- High degree of competency with technical protocols and standards associated with delivery of digital content products.
- Strong knowledge of native mobile development
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and various IDEs (Eclipse / Android Studio)
- Strong knowledge of unit test and automated functional tests.
- Source control (CVS, Git)
- Test tools (Selenium, JUnit)
- Issue and project tracking (JIRA, Confluence)
You will be highly regarded if you have a good understanding on security principles and practices for mobile applications will be looked upon favourably.
If you have a strong track record delivering a portfolio of mobile apps using sophisticated products & methods, then don't delay in applying - you will not regret it.
You should do this because:
- You could change your life for the better by joining a team that fosters growth and innovation.
- Create some high quality applications that would benefit the lives of the business' clients and thousands of Australians
- Work on products that you love and enhance your career!
Contact Sam Elderfield on 9248 6263 - or email