Senior Accountant - Secondary Education
About The Client
Work within a progressive and well respected Private School. They provide a stimulating environment where staff are valued and have the opportunity to work with motivated colleagues and students in an innovative workplace.
About The Role
The Senior Accountant provides key financial support to assist the Business Manager in maintaining the effective and efficient business operations of the School.
This role is responsible for maintaining financial records and the integrity of the general ledger and preparing management reports, budgets and a broad range of other financial reports.
The Senior Accountant also manages the asset register and provides accounting support for the staff and the associated entities within the School.
Reporting to the Business Manager and working with a small Finance team, the duties of the Senior Accountant include the supervision and management of the Payroll, Creditors and Debtors staff.
- Managing Payroll, Creditors and Debtors processes and staff
- Preparing monthly management reports
- Providing ongoing monitoring and reporting to budget holders
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations and reports on cashflow movement
- Reconciliation of the Balance Sheet and review of the Profit and Loss accounts for budgetary vs actual spend at regular intervals as required
- Assisting the Business Manager in the preparation of the annual budget
- Preparing and submitting monthly Business Activity Statement returns
- Maintaining the integrity of the accounting general ledger and accounting transactions
- Managing the fixed asset register ensuring accurate recording of the assets and monthly depreciation journals
- Reviewing monthly credit card statements and supporting documentation to ensure appropriate allocation to the general ledger accounts
- Assisting in the collation of data and preparation of mandatory financial reports and census data to statutory authorities and government departments, as required
- Providing external auditors with any analysis and documentation required to perform the annual audit
The successful applicant for this role will have strong accounting and managerial qualifications, such as CA/CPA, strong excel skills and appropriate accounting experience, preferably within a school. They will also have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making skills and the ability to contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.