Senior Accountant - External Reporting
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$130000 - AU$145000.00 per annum|
About The Company
The size and structure of this Banking business allows you to move freely, and be exposed to a wide range of experiences and roles, so you'll develop faster. Your direct access to leadership means your opinions and great ideas will be taken seriously, and you'll play a central role in making a difference to the business.
They offer a wellbeing program, salary packaging options, discounted banking and financial services and development opportunities. They are also big supporters of flexible work practices, with a variety of arrangements possible to help you balance your working style with your home life and other priorities.
- Production of Australian regulatory returns to APRA and other Australian regulatory authorities in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensuring these returns are lodged on a timely and accurate basis.
- Production of quarterly, half-yearly and annual Pillar 3 disclosures. Ensure that the preparation is completed within the set deadlines and in accordance with approved Policies and Procedures.
- Provide assistance to the CFO Office on projects or other ad-hoc work, as directed.
- The role requires strong excel and communication skills for the production of Head Office and external (regulatory) reports. Requires interaction and collaboration with many internal stakeholders up to the Department Heads level.
- Requires the building and fostering of good relationships with Head Office and external regulatory authorities (RBNZ) in relation to the submission of returns.
The Bank will be in severe difficulty with the regulators if it does not ensure it reports accurately and within the required timelines to the regulatory bodies. Any breaches in external reporting requirements can lead to significant adverse consequences for Rabobank.
- Degree qualified and CA/CPA preferred
- 5+ years experience within finance industry.
- Prior Financial Reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Australian and New Zealand accounting standards, IFRS and Reserve Bank of New Zealand guidelines and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Corporations Act 2001 and Financial Reporting Act reporting requirements
- Excellent communication, problem solving / analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Advanced/strong Excel spreadsheet, MS Access and Business Object skills;
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Accounting knowledge.
- Customer focus.
- Communication excellence, persuasiveness and making an impact.
- Change management.
- Timely delivery and accuracy of all returns (regulatory) within the internal and external stakeholders - committed to deadlines;
- Value Adding mind set & Efficiency focus
How to Apply
If this role sounds like what you've been looking for then please click Apply Now, or alternately call Andrew Douglas on 9249 5009 for a confidential discussion.