Ruby on Rails Backend Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$120000.00 - AU$130000.00 per annum|
About your role:
I am looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to join client's engineering team on a full-time basis in Surry Hills location.
I am looking for a candidate who is passionate about engineering and technology, can solve technical problems and is able to communicate problems and solutions with ease.
- Designing and building RESTful APIs for consumption by our front-end applications and partners.
- Designing solutions to satisfy our high availability, security and performance requirements.
- Designing and building solutions to securely authenticate our end-users and partners.
- Integrating with external services such as Salesforce, Xero, Contentful, Auth0 and Cloudflare etc.
- Designing our database architecture to satisfy our growing needs while maintaining security and performance requirements.
- Writing well-structured, easily maintainable, tested and documented code.
About Your experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of commercial Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience.
- You have integrated with multiple external services via api.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Rspec or mini test.
- Experience with Jira or similar agile development tools.
- Experience designing and maintaining both public and private REST APIs.
- Experience designing and maintaining authentication solutions.
- Experience managing high volume background job processing.