Risk and Compliance Officer
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$90000 - AU$100000 per annum|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing altruistic Financial Services organisation taking on ownership of the risk and compliance function.
In this newly created role we are offering the successful candidate full ownership of the risk and compliance function and the potential for flexible working arrangements.
- Ownership of the Risk Management Framework, ensuring that processes are implemented efficiently and effectively.
- Managing the organisations adherence to the risk management framework and reporting any breaches to the executive, boards and committees in a timely manner.
- Lead continuous improvement of the policies and procedures to ensure their relevance, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage the end to end compliance function (including; APRA, ASIC, Austrac and other Government regulatory requirements) and risk function ensuring quality, effectiveness and efficiency in reporting.
- Managing compliance with the organisations credit risk requirements including delinquencies, credit assessment and stress testing requirements.
- Managing and driving the development of a balanced sales and risk management culture across all areas of the organisation.
- Educating staff in operational risk management and compliance matters to strengthen staff knowledge and awareness.
- Monitoring and evaluating the broader regulatory environment as it relates to compliance and operational risk and developing appropriate, timely solutions for the organisation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience within high performance financial services environments.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management from financias services or a banking industry.
- Experience working with sector regulators (specifically; APRA, ASIC, Austrac) fulfilling compliance and reporting requirements.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to work in constantly changing environments.
- Track record in problem solving skills, interpreting complex regulatory policy and recommending solutions for their implementation and quick adoption.
- Strong attention to detail, business partnering and analysis skills.
- Degree in a commerce discipline or risk management equivalent (highly desirable).
If this role appeals to you, please apply or contact Mathew Lewis at Ambition on 03 8629 1033 for a confidential discussion.