Risk & Compliance Manager
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
My client, a leading financial institution specialising in both investments and finance, is growing considerably and looking to expand their operations internationally. Providing an excellent and supportive work environment, they embrace a flexible working and philanthropic culture, always putting their staff first and 'looking after their people.' As such, they are looking to bring on board a Risk & Compliance Manager that will work closely with the Executive and various committees. Note, this is a very broad and highly visible role that will work across the whole organisation.
Reporting directly to and working closely alongside the CFO, you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the organisation's overall risk management framework and managing the Group's regulatory compliance requirements. Specifically, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Handling inquiries from regulatory bodies
- Assisting in drafting, implementing, monitoring and reviewing company risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Reporting to the Compliance Committee on a monthly basis
- Preparing the quarterly Compliance Board Paper
- Managing and coordinating risk and compliance training sessions
- Conducting periodical audits of client files
- Maintaining all compliance and risk registers
- Keeping the business abreast of any new or changing legislative requirements that may apply to the Group and report to the Compliance Committee accordingly
- Other ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will ideally have similar experience within a retail or wholesale managed fund with a strong understanding of the regulatory environment. Being confident and resilient with excellent emotional intelligence, you will possess superior stakeholder management skills which will allow you to work with stakeholders of all seniority. Proactive in nature, you will enjoy working in a team environment, but also be able to thrive autonomously. Given the heavy compliance nature, it goes without saying that your written communication skills will also be excellent.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Ash Parsons on (03) 8629 1021, or alternatively, APPLY NOW by clicking the button below.