|Location:||Ultimo, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$950 - AU$1000 per day|
The Project Manager will work on a large transformation with the Program Manager, managing complexity around interdependencies between projects and competing demands given tight time frames to execute projects. Key challenge is engaging in consultations and negotiations with diverse stakeholders to monitor risks and manage scheduling change.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with the governance processes, ensure stakeholders have a clear understanding of their role in delivery
- Ensure required decision making and escalation processes are in place to help achieve the required outcome
- Define the scope to ensure outcomes and expected benefits are clearly articulated
- Translate business needs into a clear and measureable program of work aligned to the broader strategy
- Influence and gain agreement of scope from stakeholders, ensuring stakeholders remain engaged and committed throughout the project
- Review and revise scope in light of any new information and/or changes to initial assumptions, including implications for project timer, cost, quality and risk
- Manage a project to deliver solutions/capabilities that meet business requirements and realise benefits within agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Monitor and report to the Program Manager on status of financials, risks, issues and progress towards milestones and deliverables
- Ensuring required capability is available to deliver project outcomes by - securing individuals with the capability required to undertake tasks, developing and maintaining a resource plan, establishing clear delegated authority, accountabilities and performance management structures
- Actively support, coach and mentor the team when required
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or solid experience in delivering effective project management in large scale, transformative programs including business and/or technology transformations
- Knowledge and experience of working with a project management framework and tight linkages needed with change management deliverables
- Effective self-leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; most importantly ability to influence stakeholders
- Solid experience in designing and applying fit-for-purpose project management approaches and deliverables
Please note this is not an IT Transformation, please do not apply if you have not worked on the business side of a transformation!
The hiring manager is looking for a strong Project Manager who will be able to deliver on this program of work, if this sounds like you please apply now or contact Andrew Harrison on 02 9248 6215 for a confidential discussion.