|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
A Program Manager is required to initially establish a multi-disciplinary team (both tactical and technical) and implement adequate project assurance processes that support the projected outcomes. In addition to this, the Program Manager will maintain oversight of all subsequent stages of the project, including business case development, informed by technical and user-based discovery processes.
We are seeking an experienced candidate who is capable of working within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets and expenditure
- Resource coordination, including management of a multi-disciplinary of business leads and technical experts
- Provision of project assurance and mapping activities
- Effectively manage and mitigate risks across multiple projects ensuring project outcomes and delivery is in line with the project business case and allocated budget
- Stakeholder management
- Program and Outcome Reporting and briefing
- Oversee Business Case development
This role will be supported by a small team of support staff, business SMEs, ICT experts and external agency partners.
The required skills and experience for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience in working across government agencies and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- A proven ability to develop plans, briefs, business cases in a government context, proposals and reports.
- A project management and business analysis background, with over 10+ years' combined experience.
- Exposure to technology (digital) solutions that are service orientated, using human centred design approaches.
- Business outcome and benefits acumen, with 3+ years' experience supporting complex programs to Australian Government departments/agencies.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- High-level of digital literacy in order to use information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, consultation, facilitation, communication and negotiation skills.
- A practical knowledge of change management.