Principal / Lead Reporting Solution Designer
The purpose of the Principal / Lead Reporting Solution Designer role within the Data Management Group will be the interface between Business Stakeholders and the Data Management Group for:
- Understanding Business and technology requirements in regards to reporting and visualisation, including:
- Familiar with current state data visualisation architecture and reporting application landscape (Inputs).
- Model Output and Visualisation (Analytics and Presentation).
- Ensuring future state data visualisation architecture and analytics requirements are considered and acted upon as part of an Enterprise Data and Analytics platform.
- Provide thought leadership of future direction of Data Visualisation Capability as technologies become available.
This is a leaderdhip role with and will be expert level Power BI and have a solid understanding of data flows, data architecture, report deployment and report performance.
- Provide specialist advice, reporting, insight, and analysis.
- Help develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected data visualisation solutions, and assist implementing complex Data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large sets of data using multiple platforms.
- Responsible for the infrastructure that provides insight from raw data and handles diverse sources of data seamlessly. They enable Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
- Responsible for assistance in modelling complex Enterprise Data Services problems, discovering Enterprise Data Services insights and identifying opportunities through prototyping.
- Identifying and developing key methodologies and reports to review the quality of exposure data.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of recent experience leading the design and development of data-driven views, reports, objects, hierarchies, filters, dashboards, metrics and visualizations on the Microsoft Power BI platform.
- Understanding of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases.
- Understanding of OLTP/OLAP, Data Integration/ETL, Data Analytics , Data Marts, Data Virtualisation, Big Data batch and streaming tools.
- Strong Power BI skills.
- Entry Level understanding and working knowledge with Cloud based services like MS Azure, Google.
- Excellent communication skills including building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
For more information please contact Tessa Gould at 03 8629 1020.