Operational Risk and Compliance Consultant
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing Financial Services organisation in an Operational Risk and Compliance role on a 12 to 24 month contract. This leading organisation assists customers with critical services throughout Australia.
- Assist in developing the organisations risk control framework and management procedure, instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Update and implement the policies and procedures of the funds risk management, internal controls and compliance.
- Accountability for risk identification, measurement, monitoring, assessment and control, according to the annual risk management plan;
- Ensure the company's risk management framework is in full compliance with Head Office and Australian Regulatory authorities' requirements and prevent any significant risk events
- Monitoring and analysing trends in mitigating risks, including risk treatment plans
- Developing and delivering enterprise risk management training and education programs to promote risk management knowledge, tools and tools to all work areas
- Reporting and providing insights on risk management issues for key stakeholders at the Executive level
- Deep experience within Risk Management and Compliance gained either or partially or wholly within financial services or not for profit sectors.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, able to work within a constantly changing business whilst maintaining essential independence.
- Business partnering skills with the ability to work closely with the Regulators whilst managing the company's interests and agenda.
- Analytical mind and excellent problem solving skills, able to interpret complex regulatory policy and establish solutions for its implementation and fast adoption.
- Excellent academic background
- Experience in Risk Management Facilitation and designing of educational training programs
If this role appeals to you, please apply or contact Mathew Lewis on 03 8629 1033 for a confidential discussion.