|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
Opportunity to join a vibrant and innovative technology start-up who are building a greenfield e-commerce platform which will be incremently released into the Australian, New Zealand, South African, US and UK markets over the next 12 months.
The NoSQL Architect is responsible for effective provisioning, configuration, operation, security and maintenance of online/hosted systems and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This extends to conversion of back-end Node.js methods to match the new NoSQL infrastructure, as well as involvement in developing new end-points to support our expanding software development operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Participation in the creation of an Enterprise Data Reference Architecture for their software.
- Porting existing SQL architecture to a NoSQL environment.
- Optimization of data access procedures to meet growth demands.
- Driving standardisation and simplification to lower costs and improve quality.
- Presenting designs and plans to technical staff as well as non-technical management.
- Collaboration with other technical and business staff to maximize value across the organisation.
- Install and maintain new and existing cloud infrastructure, configuring systems, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for hosted systems tasks.
- Manage multiple environments for experimentation, testing and comparisons.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Design and develop strategies in response to changing market needs.
- Relevant bachelor degree preferred
- Excellent demonstrable understanding SQL and NoSQL concepts
- Strong commercial experience with MongoDB or similar NoSQL platform
- Strong commercial experience with AWS
- Consistently demonstrate strong experience in conceptual, logical and physical database architectures, design patterns and best practices around data modelling and elastic computing
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of hosted systems administration
- Commercial software development experience with Node.js
How to Apply
If this opportunity sounds like you, please click apply now!
If this sounds like a role that appeals to you, then please apply! For more info, please feel free to call Adam Grabish (07) 3020 0316