Infrastructure Network Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
This is an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Network Engineer to join the team within a leading financial consultancy. Your role will be responsible for deploying and maintaining infrastructure systems with a focus on practical experience and strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Deployment and maintenance of all infrastructure to agreed standards and timeframes
- Provision of quality service and support of all IT systems.
- Release changes to the environment in a controlled and practical manner which reduces risk and complexity.
- Maintain system provisioning levels including hardware and software lifecycle management.
- Update systems configurations in-line with best practise and defined standards.
- Application of best practice & process in all situations to resolve issues.
- Ensuring the operation of secure and high availability computing networks, platforms, and servers and management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
- Troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting web access, electronic messaging services and all other infrastructure services whilst maintaining a secure systems environment.
Knowledge and experience
- AWS Certified
- MCSE level experience as a Systems Administrator
- 5+ years' experience Network Administration
- 5+ years' experience Systems Administration
- 3+ years' experience Database Administration
- Experience with Advanced Routing Protocols
- Experience operating, implementing, maintaining cloud and virtualised environments
- Experience deploying networks
- Experience operating traditional datacentres
- Experience with change management
- Experience with incident management
- Service oriented background with complimentary experience in network administration and user support.
- Experience with IT & Cyber security
Skills and competencies
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Windows & Linux Server Administration
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- AWS Cloud Administration
- Website Server Administration (IIS, Apache Tomcat)
- Database Server Administration (RDS, MSSQL)
- Tenacity and resilience, able to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and conceptual thinker
- Customer focus/orientation
- Collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to work equally independently with the team to achieve common goals & assigned tasks.
- Stakeholder management skills