Network Operations Engineer
A leading ISP is on the lookout for an experienced Network Operations Engineer to join their team. The Network Operations Engineer is based in the HUB and will provide their services through a mixed delivery model including telephone, email and on some instances, via face to face communications.
- Provide technical support services across a range of technologies including data, voice and security for both internal assets as well as those at Customer premises.
- Provide incident support (i.e. break/fix via a defined incident management process).
- Provide root cause analysis (via a defined problem management process).
- Carry out planned maintenance and upgrades (via a defined change management process).
- Management of service or customer impacting escalations with vendors and service provider suppliers.
- Liaising with Engineering teams and Customer Service Representatives to ensure continuous feedback on service improvements.
- Ongoing documentation via the Knowledge Management portal (i.e. Confluence)
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM based degree
- Industry based certification e.g. CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, NSE8, Cisco Broadworks Certified Operational Engineer Professional, Oracle ACME
- Experience within an ISP or large enterprise environment
- 5+ years experience with the following platforms and technologies in a hands-on operational capacity:
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XR
- Juniper JunOS
- VeloCloud SD-WAN by VMWare
- vSphere/ESXi by VMWare
- Fortigate Firewalls by Fortinet
- Experience working with the following technologies is highly regarded: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, QoS, IPv4 and IPv6, Spanning Tree Protocol, Network Firewall Policies, SIP + SIP Trunking, Wireshark Packet Captures, Voice Packet Capture Technologies