Network Core Team Leader
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Salary:||AU$140000.00 per annum|
My Client are leaders within the educational space. They are looking for a Team Leader to manage all aspects of the Network Core.
Purpose of the role :
- To lead a team of technical resources who perform monitoring, management and maintenance of Network Core environments across the University campuses to ensure the technical and operational stability, functionality and currency of the systems and infrastructure are maintained in order to facilitate delivery of quality outcomes in the achievement of Business Unit and Divisional objectives.
- Provide leadership by ensuring efficient management and utilization of resources within the team to achieve the service delivery (projects) and service management (operational) components within Infrastructure Services.
The Network Core encompasses, but is not restricted to, the following areas:
- Core routing and switching equipment in the Data Centre (including Research environment), Load Balancers, VPN gateways, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP,
- University wide IP Address allocation, CSM, LMS, DCNM, Statseeker & Scrutinizer.
- Lead and manage the testing, design, maintenance, operation and support of Network Services, ensuring customer expectations and Service Level Agreements are met.
- Take the lead in instituting measures to proactively reduce the occurrence of Major and high severity Incidents. Provide leadership in the resolution of Major and high severity incidents.
- Assume leadership in providing and maintaining up to date & fit for purpose documentation, designs, standards, processes and procedures to ensure operational support ability of Network Services.
- Develop, implement and maintain Network Services strategies and technology roadmaps. Contribute towards the development of the overall IT architecture, strategies and plans.
- Provide leadership in drafting contracts and agreements, formulating Service Design and Support Models, including negotiating with multiple parties involved in the end to end service provisioning to determine the roles and responsibilities of each party.
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- A qualification in ITIL and/or previous experience using ITIL at a practical level with detailed understanding of Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management and Change Management processes.
- Knowledge of a recognised project management methodology, preferably Prince 2, would be advantageous. Industry certification would be advantageous.
Due to a high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further discussion, please submit your updated CV in a Word Format via the apply button. For all enquires contact Daniel Hoang on 03 86291015.