Network and Security Consultant
|Location:||Rozelle, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Up to AU$140000.00 per annum|
This role reports to the Director Internet Engineering, where you will be responsible for design, engineering, and implementation oversight of complex network solutions associated with mergers and acquisitions in a variety of disciplines with emphasis on network and security technologies.
As well as developing detailed technical requirements and high level/detailed designs for the integration of new mergers or acquisitions including business partners or customers and adaptation of current architecture into current standards.
- Create and support a standard design approach with emphasis on design methodologies and best practices.
- Create design documentation for all mergers and acquisitions and new systems architectures
- Research and develop innovative solutions around global unified network solutions
- Manage several projects pertaining to mergers & acquisitions; new customers, new business, or applications
- Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance globally
- Participate in telecommunications-related initiatives; including unified communications
- Support assigned regional projects which include responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilisation and implementation support
- Support supplier and vendor management including possible evaluation and selection of new products
- 10+ years of IT experience, 5+ of which is preferred in a network engineering and design or architecture role with exposure in two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless, security, and encryption technologies
- Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
- Network and security design experience including the architecture of the LAN, WAN, and data center; adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
- Firewall experience: Cisco ASA/CSM (Cisco Security Manager), and Checkpoint Secure Platform & Gaia Provider1 Management
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco's product portfolio; routers, switches, load balancing, wireless, ISE, Cisco Prime LMS/NCS/Infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols, and disciplines; EIGRP, BGP4 (including eBGP & iBGP), SNMP, VPN, SSH, PfR, LISP, DMVPN, IP Telephony and MPLS technologies
- Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including; IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls, certificates, and SSL
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management methodology and best practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and very detail oriented
- Self-starter with demonstrated organisational and listening skills
- Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate will all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally
- Mastery of high level and detailed network designs
- Solid UNIX experience and scripting a plus
- Solid knowledge of security and web application technologies a plus
- Excellent customer support capabilities
- Methodical problem resolving skills
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role working in a global organisation, and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply directly!