Monitoring and Network Engineer
|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
Due to a number of internal promotions, my client is seeking several Engineers to join its 24x7 Network Operations Centre (NOC). As a Monitoring and Operations Engineer, you will have a good understanding of Networking and Infrastructure
- Diagnose hardware and software issues;
- Monitor the payment gateway for issues and fraudulent activity;
- Analyse information and determine the appropriate outcome for a problem;
- Escalate issues within a timely manner;
- Run daily reports and update Critical Information Reports on a daily basis;
- Create and update internal tickets to document monitoring and recovery steps;
- Implement changes within the network infrastructure;
- Perform routine maintenance;
Essential Skills and Experience are required in:
- 1-2 years experience in an infratructure or networking position;
- Experience with Payment Gateway Services Systems will be highly regarded;
- Unix / Linux scripting, shell, coding and tool monitoring experience would be advantageous;
- Firewall and file transfer experience;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- This is a 12 month contract;
- This position will require some on call responsibility and some off hours work to be conducted.
- The role will comprise of 12 hour shifts - 2 days on, 2 nights on, followed by 6 days off.
If you're interested in this role and have the relevant experience, click 'apply now' and shoot through an up-to-date copy of your CV or call 07 3009 6142 for a further discussion.