Middle Office Operations Specialist - Initial 6 month contract
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$275 - AU$325 per day + Super|
My client is a mid-sized investment manager who provide a holistic range of services to their clients and who consistently out-perform their competitors. They have a fun, professional culture and a dynamic approach, while their flat structure means that employees have daily interaction with senior business partners. All of this means that they offer unrivalled growth and learning potential and that they're often considered an employee of choice.
This role will initially be hired on a 6 month contract. However, the business has a track record of extending contracts beyond their initial length and of converting top performers into permanent roles. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in numerous projects, giving exposure to all areas of the business and multiple opportunities for career development.
- Reconciliation of trades, cash and stock.
- Actively monitor the settlement of multi-product trades. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve failed or unmatched trades.
- Source asset prices and ensure the validity of portfolio valuations.
- Develop, maintain and deliver a full range of performance, attribution and risk management analysis. Benchmark performance returns against industry standards.
- Oversee client transactions and resolve administrative issues on a range of complex funds.
- Manage the processing of Corporate Actions including dividends, takeovers, buybacks, mergers, and share splits.
Successful candidates will possess:
- At years 18 months experience from within investment operations. This can be from a fund / wealth management, superannuation or custody environment.
- A proven track record of performing above company and self-set targets.
- A professional attitude with the confidence to take ownership of your work.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to think laterally to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to liaise with staff at all levels.
- A team-focused attitude.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role, please apply ASAP and I will provide feedback on your application as soon as possible.
Principle Consultant - Banking and Financial Services