Market Risk Manager
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||$120,000 - $130,000+Super+Bonus|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading international bank in a broad role that cover both Market and Liquidity Risk. Reporting to the Head of Risk Management, the role will enable you to apply your professional judgement and expertise on risk matters and opportunities for you to continuously grow and expand your technical skills and risk coverage.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Proactive monitoring of market risks (including derivatives and investment activities)
to ensure the risks are aligned with internal policies and limits
- Produce daily risk management reports for position monitoring and risk management purposes.
- Investigate issues and areas of concerns, communicate with stakeholders to understand and assess relevant risk impacts and make appropriate recommendations
- Develop expectations of risk developments and factor this into the daily risk monitoring activities
- Undertake intra-day and real time risk monitoring when needed
- Produce regular reporting APRA and Head Office reporting
- Maintain and upgrade risk monitoring models (e.g. liquidity and market risk excel models) to ensure they remain robust, comprehensive and adequate for the business complexity
- Assist the bank to strengthen its analytical capabilities; provide data analytical support for various projects and thematic reviews
- Undertake risk assessment of new financial market products and business activities and recommend suitable course of control actions.
Qualifications and Experiences
- A mathematical background or a degree in financial discipline
- Demonstrated quantitative and problem solving skills with a good level of attention to detail
- Strong numerical and financial analysis skills, ability and strong interest in building financial models
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VBA macros and other programming skills would be an advantage)
- Reasonable understanding of APRA and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of risk management rules and practices, with more in-depth focus on market and liquidity risks
- Strong market risk background with 5 years+ risk experience in a banking environment
- The ability to work well in a team and the ability to communicate effectively complex issues will different stakeholders