Linux System Administrator
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Linux System Administrator to join a innovative global quantitative trading firm, providing premium quality technology services. Be part of a supportive and dynamic team working in an environment which high performance and out-of-the-box solutions are expected.
The role will join the Infrastructure Services team, in the Barangaroo based offices, where you will be leveraging your in-depth knowledge of Linux and associated hardware, to maintain and optimise systems.
- Monitoring and supporting the Linux environment, such as commissioning and decommissioning of systems.
- Responding to user requests as well as enhancing the monitoring systems (Nagios).
- Be proactive in the continuous improvement of the environment, such as optimising and extending the configuration management and build infrastructure (Puppet / Ansible).
- Supporting and administering the storage and backup infrastructure (SAN, NAS, DAS).
- Have an actively involvement in projects, such as rolling out new trading platforms and deploying new solutions as required by the business.
- 4-7 years' experience in Linux administration
- Experience in programming or scripting
- Automation experience an advantage
- Experience in troubleshooting complex issues quickly and efficiently
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Previous experience in Trading industry advantageous hardware and software configuration applicable to the trading space (NICs, kernel tuning)
- Flexibility as the role requires some after hours and on call work.
If you are looking for the next challenging role working in fantastic offices with great benefits, and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply directly now!