Lead DevOps Engineer
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
My client is recognised globally as one of the most innovative and forward thinking digital technology businesses with in its field and due to internal growth they are looking for an energetic and charismatic Lead DevOps Engineer to further develop the organisation.
The role requires a hands-on experienced "automation engineer" to work across multi-functional
teams that focus on specific flavours of our products.
The role is a hands-on and unique role that requires candidates having a number of years within IT or Operations but also have an interest in designing and implementing processes and tools to support continuous integration and testing. The correct candidate should have continuous integration/continuous delivery and SCRUM experience and/or certifications.
The below technical skills should be treated as a general guideline, but personality, being the "right fit" and having the enthusiasm to move into a broadly open-minded DevOps role are key attributes.
- 10+ years of experience with continuous integration, delivery and DevOps experience - Microsoft Stack.
- Excellent Scripting Skills (PowerShell, Perl, Shell and Python).
- In depth knowledge of C# and .Net Framework, Strong PowerShell scripting.
- Extensive Experience with MS Azure Platform and RESTful APIs
- Experience in Docker, and Docker orchestration systems (Kubernetes AKS, ACI etc.)
- Oracle and SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL skills mandatory
- Experience working in and with teams using an Agile methodology
- Experience troubleshooting website and system failures in Windows systems
- Experience and knowledge spanning across the entire application stack (from UI to DB to OS)
- Release Management utilizing TFS and VSTS mandatory.
- Ability to adjust your communication style complex systems based on who you're communicating with - e.g. high-level to non-technical business stakeholders, and low-level details to developers/support staff.
- Insights into cloud and non-cloud based database systems and storage methods.
- Experience and reasonable understanding of firewalls, load-balancers, general networking concepts, components and processes.
- Solid understanding of authentication and directory services including LDAP & Active Directory.
- Knowledge of automated testing in a Visual Studio environment.
- Knowledge of PERFORCE will be plus.
- Should be flexible to work with teams across different time zones.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Prior experience in the gaming industry will be a plus.
If you think that you have the relevant experience and skills required to dominate this role, please apply below for a confidential discussion give Daniel Naidoo a call on (03) 8629 1015.