Lead Developer, Big Data
The Lead Developer, Big Data will have the opportunity to influence and drive change in this this leading global business. The Hadoop implementation will span across the organisation and will be realised in all areas of the business including frontline services. In this role you will liaise with business stakeholders to identify, understand and devise solutions for their information needs and analytic requirements.
- Be a hands on leader for the design, development and implementation of data flows using Hadoop ecosystem tools
- Create and improve Hadoop clusters
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed design
- Perform data analysis to uncover insights
- Deep expertise in programming Java / Scala / Python and Big Data technologies such as Spark, Flume, Kafka, Kudu, HDFS, Hive, HBase, Solr, Oozie etc.
- Previous experience in a Senior Developer or leadership position
- Passionate about technology especially the data integration, processing and analytics domain
- Prior programming experience in Java / Scala / Python
- Research, experiment, and prove/disprove Big Data technologies
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.