Lead BA (Process Improvement Lead)
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||Up to AU$155000.00 per annum|
This role will establish leading practices in BPI including Agile, User Design, LEAN and Six Sigma design and analysis techniques.
The Lead Business Analyst manages a team of analysts deployed on specific projects to ensure that professional analysis of current state and design of future state processes and business models is undertaken. The role also concerns leadership in the practice of BPI. It is also responsible for development of the business analyst capability in scale and scope of the projects within the PMO.
The Program Management Office (PMO) has been created to work within a strategic context and alongside business units in building & deploying effective program management capability. The PMO is responsible for project and program management quality, the responsibility for project and program success resides with the Executive sponsor(s) of the programs and initiatives being implemented.
- Establish and manage the Business Process Improvement practice within the PMO - Leading the design of the BPI services, techniques and tools
- Build the BPI practice standards
- Establish the BPI team and ensures requisite skills and experience in the team are fit for purpose
- Expand the scale and scope of the BPI services
- Align all design and analysis methods and ensuring service and technical standards, and alignment across projects in scope
- Act as a thought leader in BPI and establishes PMO's service as a centre of excellence, brings specific BPI practices such as LEAN/Six Sigma etc
- Assign team members to specific projects, ensuring team is briefed, understands scope and timing of work to be delivered
- Manage quality of team outputs, monitoring team capability identifying training gaps.
- Meet with project leads systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flows
- Identifies issues and risks and determine assumptions and constraints
- Manage the preparation and delivery of reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems within the projects under management
- Collaborate with ICT to create system design proposals
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Work in alignment with ICT to ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Work closely with clients and the business to identify BPI needs and deploys team accordingly
- Plan and oversees quality of workshops with business SMEs and stakeholders to map 'as is' and 'to be' processes
- Use effective negotiation skills to influence and resolve conflicts
- Build, develop and maintain excellent professional working relationships with stakeholders to develop trust and confidence in business process improvement initiatives
- The Lead Business Analyst/Process Improvement Lead works under broad direction and this role is accountable for building a team of highly experienced and professional Analysts and process improvement specialists. Of necessity this role will require advanced collaboration and technical development/deployment skills. The incumbent is expected to exercise a high degree of initiative and adopt sound judgement to manage this capability with multiple activities and teams concurrently, and resolve sometimes complex issues associated with delivery of PMO services.
Please note this is not an IT Transformation, please do not apply if you have not worked on the business side of a transformation!
The Program Manager is looking for an enthusiastic and driven to lead a team of BA's whilst delivering on project outlines stated above, if this sounds like you please apply now or contact Andrew Harrison on 02 9248 6215 for a confidential discussion.