Junior Project Manager - major construction project
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
- Work for Australia's leading and most reputable provider of education and training.
- Report to the Project Director
- Office is conveniently based in the Sydney CBD but the role will see you travelling all across NSW.
My client is looking for a Senior Project Co-ordinator or Junior Project Manager to support a major external vendor in the end-to-end construction and successful delivery of world class learning centres within the Education sector.
These physical training centre will be connected using cutting edge technology, to help deliver a flexible and world-class customer experience across the state.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior Project co-ordinator looking to make a move into Project Management - or alternatively you will be a Project Manager earlier on in your career.
About the Company
Known as a key player in the community, this company boasts a reputable history in setting benchmarks and delivering quality service. Striving for success while also valuing diversity, collaboration, education and community.
About the Role
The key responsibilities of this role includes, but is not limited to -
- Providing support to the Project Director throughout the life cycle of the project from start to finish (Development Approval to Completion to Handover)
- Manage all operational aspects of development
- Obtain regular reports and updates from builders, consultants and the client
- Ensure Delivery program is consistently on track. Monitor project thoroughly and provide Update Reports
- Attend all required site meetings
- Liaise efficiently with clients and gain a thorough understanding of client needs
- Analyse and identify compliance or legal risks associated with the project and provide strategic solutions
- Monitor the construction work and all aspects of the project including costs, quality, time, OH&S, contract administration and providers of goods & services (Building contractors, design consultants, external project managers etc)
It is essential for the successful candidate to have:
- Experience delivering project co-ordination or project management within a similar type of Construction, Engineering or Infrastructure portfolio.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Construction, Engineering or Project Management etc)
- Strong communication, time management, people management and negotiation skills
- A goal-oriented and forward-thinking attitude towards work
- Experience working in a self-management role with tight deadlines, complex infrastructure programs and high-pressure tasks
- Proven delivery of high-performance results
This excellent opportunity waits for no one! So don't delay and apply today!