About your role:
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
- Contributes to Engineering communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads/teams
- May create, understand and monitor application metrics
About your experience:
- Self-starter and ability to work collaboratively in a highly autonomous squad team environment delivering values & wins to our customers at speed.
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns and ability to build reusable, scalable, decoupled, maintainable, clean & testable code.
- Meticulous, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of:
- Java 8+, Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Event streaming/ middleware / big data solutions (Kafka/ MQ / Apache Camel/ Spark/ Hadoop/ )
- TDD and Testing frameworks (Junit/ Cucumber/ JMeter/ Mockito/ EasyMock/ Selenium)
- RESTful API and GraphQL.
- CI/CD (Bamboo / Jenkins / Maven / Gradle)
- Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban / XP)
- Capital Markets / Investment Banking development experience
- Familiar with the financial regulatory landscape (MiFID, Dodd-Frank, Volker, EMIR etc)