My client are a leading Australian bank based in Sydney CBD, looking to recruit for mid - senior Java developer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
This is a java developer role to continue implementation of a new build application with interfaces to Group Risk systems.
The majority of software delivered will be Java server-side along with some UI development.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Very strong core Java programming knowledge
- Strong SQL knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- Agile development practices - test driven development, continuous integration, delivering in sprints
- Knowledge of inter-process communication technologies (MQ/JMS/RESTful services)
- An interest in financial markets
- Java 8 and functional programming techniques
- Scripting languages such as BASH and Python along with working knowledge of Linux systems
- Atlassian developer tools - Crucible/FishEye, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
- Other tools:
- Subversion, Git
- J2EE containers - WebSphere/JBoss/Tomcat