|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$80.00 - AU$85.00 per hour|
About the role:
A large Queensland Government agency is looking for a Java development professional who can utilise their expertise in developing Java-based applications with specific knowledge of JSF2 to provide ongoing value and support to the business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work as part of an application software project team to develop and support Java built application systems (components and/or COTS interfaces) with the Java Toolset within a Java EE environment with specific knowledge of JSF2.
- Work within the following spaces: IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Utilise WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
- Processing XML files using java would be an advantage.
- Work with guidance from the Lead Analyst, Enterprise Architect and other technical specialists to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
- Undertake solution analysis, design, construction, unit testing, quality reviews, performance testing, and resolve problems with products running in the Java environment.
- Work with the Lead Analyst to effectively manage technical risks, issues, conflicts and priorities to complete work with the required deadlines.
- Provide technical Java skills transfer to the client's staff, including documentation of decisions made and the approaches taken.
- Work independently without the need for continual or detailed technical and design guidance.
Highly desirable skills/experience in (though not limited to):
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, JSF2, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Prior experience using WebSphere application server and Oracle database.
- Processing XML files using java.
- Experience within large complex organisations; such as Qld Government or similar organisations.
- The role may have quarterly Key Performance Indicators to maintain.
If this sounds like your next career move, then click "Apply Now" to submit your resume. Applications close 12noon Wednesday 26th February