IT System Engineer
|Salary:||AU$80000.00 - AU$95000.00 per annum|
My client is a joint enterprise of employer associations and industry unions in the commercial building, construction and civil allied industries in Victoria and Tasmania. They manage the Building Construction/Contracting for industry workers.
It is a full time position which reports to the Head of IT.
Position title: Systems Engineer
- Support Operational Systems (11)
- Support and improve devops technologies in conjunction with the dev team
- Procure hardware and software as required for users
- Liaise with external providers for IT projects and support on systems
- Provide support to internal users for desktop issues, upgrades and system access
- Must be able to deal with internal end-users (all levels)
- Experience with deploying servers, supporting production systems.
- Networking knowledge to allow reconfiguration of VLANs, Firewalls, DNS.
- Experience in IP-based phone systems
- Experience in designing and carrying out patching strategies.
- Experience managing private cloud infrastructure
- Desirable to have experience in migrating on-premises servers to external cloud.
Expertise with the below technology stack:
- Two virtual environments running on Hyper-V, plus Azure services.
- 17 servers, almost entirely Windows (2008/2012)
- 4 internet connections (to be consolidated)
- ~60 human users
- Sharepoint, Dynamics GP, Exchange (365/on-prem hybrid), Office 365, Sophos Firewall, 3CX Phone system, Kaspersky AV, Umbraco CMS, VLANs, Firewalls, DNS.
- Open to change as several upgrades planned and a healthy budget available for improvements.
- Flexible, good communication, happy to work
- Someone who can spot problems with process or IT systems and push for change
- Secure car park - just outside the CBD and available 24/7
- Phone & contract
- Additional week's leave (Melbourne Cup Eve and Xmas-NY gap)
- Fruit, coffee avaliable
Microsoft/Cisco certification preferred (MCP, MCSE, CCNA or CCENT) - or currently working towards.
Due to a high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further discussion, please submit your updated CV in a Word Format via the apply button. For all enquires contact Daniel Hoang on 03 86291015.