IT Operations Team Lead
|Location:||North Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$120000.00 - AU$140000.00 per annum + bonus|
This role reports to the IT Infrastructure & Operations Manager APAC, where you will be responsible for ensuring that all production IT systems are available to the business and carry out regular assessment of the company's systems and operations to ascertain level of exposure to risk, and then take further steps to eliminate or manage them.
You will need to be technically capable, hands on team leader to manage the Operations team, helping mentor Junior team members and leading from the front.
The role will also work closely with other IT infrastructure and Operations roles, both locally and in regional locations, providing a technical point of escalation and ensuring standardisation and consistent processes are followed and maintained.
- Resource management
- Delegate duties and tasks within the IT department including management of the Operations Service Desk queue
- Review teams completed tasks to ascertain compliance with standards
- Monitor all team members and provide necessary advice and guidance
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies
- Coach all team members and motivate them to produce desired results
- Identify skill gaps in the team and suggest training courses to fill gaps
- Ensure availability and optimum performance of server infrastructure
- Keep up with trends in the constantly evolving information technology industry
- Perform regular IT audit to discover areas of weaknesses and fortify them
- Work alongside the Infrastructure Team Lead to achieve IT projects
- Work alongside the Service Desk Team Lead to ensure all escalated incidents meet SLA's
- Work closes with the Technical PM to ensure site setups and decommissions happen on schedule
- Perform regular appraisal of team member's performance and devise strategies to help with improvement
- Ensure that the company's data and information are protected from unauthorized access
- Ensure that system are monitored and alerts are actioned in a timely fashion
- Relevant industry qualifications or tertiary degree (MCSE and/or CCNA preferred)
- Experience leading a team/people management/project management
- Previous experience and demonstrable understanding of Windows and Wintel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and timelines effectively.
- Current Australian drivers Licence required
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role working in a global organisation, and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply directly!