Investment Operations - Controls / QA / Reporting Analyst
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$70000 - AU$80000 per annum + + Super|
My client is a large wealth management firm who offer a diverse range of products to both retail and institutional investors. With a proven track record of performing above industry standards, they are highly respected within the industry and are often listed as an employer of choice. This in part is due to their supportive culture and commitment to offering internal career progression
Due to an internal promotion they currently seek a motivated and highly talented Operational Controls Specialist to join their small but successful team.
This is a unique role as you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, including the front office, a wide product portfolio and you can expect to be rewarded with a first class salary and bonus and a challenging and rewarding role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Daily reconciliation of movements in cash, securities, other assets and liabilities accounts between the firm and external business partners.
- Investigate reconciliation breaks. Understand why they have occurred and how they can be resolved.
- Ensure all breaks are reported on. Develop a robust controls framework to minimise the occurrence of future breaks.
- Be responsible for asset set-up and maintenance. Ensure its timely pricing feed and the accuracy of its description.
- Create quarterly client reports and annual tax statements.
- Make recommendations for operational process improvements and drive project reporting.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Minimum of 12 months experience in investment operations.
- A strong work ethic with exceptional organisation and time management skills.
- A high attention to detail and an accurate working style.
- The ability to make decisions to tight timescales.
- Strong communication skills.
For more information, please apply to the role and I will respond to your application as soon as possible.
Principle Consultant - Banking and Finance