About The Company
Leading University require an Internal Auditor to undertake risk based audits and reviews of University operations that focus on: efficiency and effectiveness; the achievement of best practice processes; minimisation of risk; internal control; and the successful attainment of the University's strategic objectives. Preparing high quality reports that are clear and concise and drive appropriate improvements in University operations. Providing leadership and direction to the internal audit process.
About The Role
- Prepare plans and organises audits and reviews of the University's various financial and administrative systems.
- Conduct opening and exit interviews with University managers.
- Analyse University systems, processes and data and identify and appraise the adequacy of key controls and actions.
- Develop recommendations to address identified control weaknesses
- Identify system and process inefficiencies and develop recommendations to address the issues identified.
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of planned controls when major changes are made to various administrative systems.
- Prepare concise and meaningful written audit and review reports.
- Perform other duties that are consistent with this classification.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake risk based audits and reviews of financial and administrative systems which focus on improving operational efficiency and effectiveness, identifying and minimising risk and the adequacy of internal controls
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the establishment, review and continuous improvement of Internal Audit activities, policies, practices and processes
- High level organisational and time management skills with demonstrated competency in managing workload, taking responsibility across a range of projects and the ability to ensure completion with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to elicit information from knowledgeable internal/external sources about areas and functions to determine appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- High level problem solving, research, and analytical skills and experience, includinq the ability to present findings in an appropriate manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with people at all levels and across various functions of an organisation.
- Proven data analysis skills with tools such as Excel, Access or similar
- Willingness and capacity to acquire new knowledge and keep up to date with developments/market trends within area of expertise
- Demonstrated initiative and drive to achieve and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Completion of an appropriate tertiary qualification and extensive knowledge and experience in accounting or related disciplines together with knowledge of Australian Accounting and Audit Standards
- Experience in a higher education environment (Desirable)
For a confidential discussion please contact Bo Campbell (Principal Consultant - Finance and Commercial) on 02 9249 5035.