Network Systems Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
This is an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join the team and support one of Australia's leading Finance Companies. Your role will be responsible for deploying and maintaining Infrastructure systems with a focus on practical experience and strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Deployment and maintenance of all infrastructure to agreed standards and timeframes
- Provision of quality service and support of all IT systems.
- Release changes to the environment in a controlled and practical manner which reduces risk and complexity.
- Maintain system provisioning levels including hardware and software lifecycle management.
- Update systems configurations in-line with best practise and defined standards.
- Application of best practice & process in all situations to resolve issues.
- Ensuring the operation of secure and high availability computing networks, platforms, and servers and management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
- Troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting web access, electronic messaging services and all other infrastructure services whilst maintaining a secure systems environment.
Knowledge and experience
- AWS Certified
- MCSE level experience as a Systems Administrator
- 5+ years' experience Network Administration
- 5+ years' experience Systems Administration
- 3+ years' experience Database Administration
- Experience with Advanced Routing Protocols
- Experience operating, implementing, maintaining cloud and virtualised environments
- Experience deploying networks
- Experience operating traditional datacentres
- Experience with change management
- Experience with incident management
- Service oriented background with complimentary experience in network administration and user support.
- Experience with IT & Cyber security
Skills and competencies
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Windows & Linux Server Administration
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- AWS Cloud Administration
- Website Server Administration (IIS, Apache Tomcat)
- Database Server Administration (RDS, MSSQL)
- Tenacity and resilience, able to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and conceptual thinker
- Customer focus/orientation
- Collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to work equally independently with the team to achieve common goals & assigned tasks.
- Stakeholder management skills