An opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to join an Australian logistics and supply chain organisation, within their Sydney Head Office. This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and support of IT infrastructure and security to ensure efficient, reliable, secure operation of IT systems and automated business processes throughout the organisation. The successful candidate must have previous experience and demonstrated track record in a complex IT environment, be proactive and committed to making a difference.
- Implementation and technical design of enterprise infrastructure solutions requiring multiple technologies and management of other IT groups and external vendors
- Manage, monitor and diagnose problems to maximise system uptime, taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Troubleshooting of production issues through the provision of 2nd & 3rd level support to assist in recovery from system failures in a timely manner and in a way that has minimal impact on business processes.
- Design, implement, manage and improve processes that maintain infrastructure by undertaking proactive monitoring, regular patching and upgrades, optimising of IT infrastructure, measuring capacity and performance, performing backups and undertaking preventative maintenance to ensure continuous service to the business.
- Participation as a technical lead on projects, as required
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant IT disciplines
- IT industry recognised certifications ie. MCSE and VCP highly regarded
- Extensive technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, VMware hypervisor, SAN Storage (Netapp), Citrix Xenapp, Microsoft Exchange, Skype, Office 365, SCCM, AD and VOIP
- Strong understanding in networking and its fundamentals with switching, firewalls and data centre technologies
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (Azure & AWS)
- Experience with project management, and associated project management methodology certifications desirable, and proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience in working within an IT support environment using ITIL framework for Service Delivery
- Experience in ISO 27001, PCI and other standard security specifications
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and experience performing Linux system administration duties in previous roles required
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service level agreements
- Ability to quickly understand and utilise new concepts, processes and systems
- Excellent written & verbal communication and analytical skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation with great career progression opportunities, where you can take ownership for the space. I will be interviewing for this role over the next week, if this sounds like an opportunity that would be interested in, don't hesitate to apply now.