Head of Tax and Treasury
|Location:||Macquarie Park, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Commercial|
About The Company
Leading Healthcare Company that brings together Digital Technology, Data and Science. A culture that encourages employees to stay curious, collaborate and have the courage to take risks.
About The Role
Opportunity for you to join as the Head of Tax and Treasury for Australia and New Zealand. You will form part of a global network of tax practitioners and will actively participate and provide input into global centre of excellence projects as well as other global initiatives from a connectivity and global best practice sharing perspective.
You will be responsible for all facets of managing tax and treasury functions with one direct report. Ensure tax obligations are met, identify improvement opportunities and develop strategy and solutions to manage financial risk. Your ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders combined with your strengths in commercial decision making is key to your success in this role.
- Act as first point of contact with the business for tax and treasury matters
- Build and maintain relationships with the business providing expert advice and support
- Manage and coordinate external customers and advisors
- Ensure delivery of high quality, accurate and timely monthly / quarterly / yearly tax compliance, tax effect accounting and shareholder reporting
- Support the business with tax advice and guidance including but not limited to income tax, GST, FBT, R&D, stamp duty and payroll tax
- Support the business with finance solutions and advice, including but not limited to cash forecasting, repatriation of profits vs debt management and hedging risk
CA Qualified with a Bachelor of Accounting and/or any other combined degree
Ideally Big 4 background with relevant large multinational experience
Experience and knowledge of International Accounting Standards
Excellent commercial acumen and analytical skills
Strong communication and negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
Motivated to further develop in areas of increasing importance such as global transparency measures, analytics and use of tax technology
Employer of choice that attracts, retains and motivates talented and performance-driven people
Global healthcare leader with one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry