Head of Risk
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$170000 - AU$220000 per annum|
The Head of Risk is responsible and accountable for managing the Risk Management framework nationally. The risk function must provide seamless delivery support for all Risk Management activities, including Product, Operational, Internal Controls, Strategic and Reputational risks. This position will be required to work closely with with sister functions (Audit, Compliance, Actuarial) and with first line of defense functions to ensure that the processes are effectively integrated within the business.
- Monitoring and analyse trends in mitigating risks, including risk treatment plans.
- Developing a risk control framework and management procedure, instilling a culture of continuous improvement.
- Update and implement the policies and procedures of the risk & compliance management.
- Accountability for risk identification, measurement, monitoring, assessment and control, according to the annual risk management plan.
- Deliver the risk management training and education programs to promote risk management knowledge, tools and tools to all work areas
- Reporting and providing insights on risk & compliance issues for key stakeholders at the Executive level.
- Risk & Compliance experience within Financial Services/Banking
- Business partnering skills with the ability to work closely with the Regulators whilst managing the company's interests and agenda
- Analytical mind and excellent problem solving skills, able to interpret complex regulatory policy and establish solutions for its implementation and fast adoption
- Excellent academic background