Head of Operations - Investment Management
My client is a boutique, but Australia wide investment management firm. They have a consistent track record of strong returns with no losses since their inception. With offices in Melbourne and Sydney, we capitalise on strong local market knowledge and deep industry contacts to deliver results and their success is underpinned by the high quality of their staff and dedication to building lasting relationships. They have a fun and professional culture and employees have regular interaction with senior business partners, allowing for rapid career progression.
They are currently looking to hire a Head of Operations to oversee the overall performance and strategic development of their operations team. This is a key position within the business and, with the company looking to expand further it could lead into Executive level positions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Investment Operations function.
- Evaluate existing processes and liaise with senior executives to formulate process improvement initiatives and extend the company's products and services.
- Lead and support new technology innovation.
- Negotiate contracts with key strategic business partners
- Take full ownership of major strategic initiatives from the initial business case review all the way through the recommendation and implementation phases
- Encourage an environment of openness by implementing regular team meetings and communication processes.
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous management or team leading experience from within financial services.
- An excellent working knowledge of investment / custody operations.
- A 'client first' attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to lead from the front and drive the development of the team.
- Strong teamwork skills and passion for your work
If you would like to apply to the role, please do so ASAP and I will provide feedback on your application shortly.
Principle Consultant - Banking and Financial Services