Head of Investment Operations - Fund / Wealth Management
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$150000 - AU$200000 per annum + Super|
My client is a large fund & wealth management firm with offices in all of Australia's major cities. They are an instantly recognisable name and their staff are some of the most respected in the business. They have a fun, professional culture and a dynamic approach, while their flat structure means that employees have daily interaction with senior business partners and can often experience rapid career progression.
They are currently looking to hire a Head of Operations to oversee the overall performance and strategic development of the 30+ person operations team. This is a key position within the business and, with the company looking to expand further it could lead into Executive level positions.
With 2 direct reports across 4 teams, your responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Investment Operations function.
- Evaluate existing processes and liaise with senior executives to formulate process improvement initiatives and extend the company's products and services.
- Lead and support new technology innovation.
- Negotiate contracts with key strategic business partners
- Take full ownership of major strategic initiatives from the initial business case review all the way through the recommendation and implementation phases
- Encourage an environment of openness by implementing regular team meetings and communication processes.
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous management or team leading experience from within financial services.
- An excellent working knowledge of investment / custody operations.
- A 'client first' attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to lead from the front and drive the development of the team.
- Strong teamwork skills and passion for your work
If you would like to apply to the role, please do so ASAP and I will provide feedback on your application shortly.
Principle Consultant - Banking and Financial Services