Head of Control (Sales and Trading)
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
|Salary:||Up to AU$200000.00 per annum|
About The Company
Big 4 Bank that offers a place to grow. Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of their culture. It means they actively encourage people to try new things so they can improve.
They ask their leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours - things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. They support Their leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
A bank that recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. They take pride in the diversity of their people and encourage applications from diverse candidates.
About The Role
- Integral leadership role driving continuous improvement mindset within the Markets and Treasury Control team
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other enablement functions to support effective execution of business deliverables
- Requires forward-looking approach to meet the bank's future need
As the Head of Control (Sales & Trading) - Rates, Credit and Capital Markets you will be reporting to the Head of Control - Markets Franchise (Trading & Sales), and you will be responsible for leading the Linear Rates, Credit and Capital Markets Control team within Markets and Treasury Control. Specifically, this requires a strong understanding of Financial Markets activities including risk and return analysis, in-depth knowledge of valuation and accounting for derivatives and securities, and the ability to work with senior trading, sales, finance and risk officers.
Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
- Ensure a thorough and complete analytical review and sign-off is completed both daily and monthly for entire financial result.
- Provide insightful analysis of key drivers and determinants of revenue, balance sheet risk exposure and return on RWA to senior management. Provide insightful analysis on sales and trading performance to senior management.
- Work closely with relevant Trading and Sales Heads to understand the trading and sales strategy and risks and ensure financial management issues are worked through on a timely basis.
- Work with Head of M&TC and the team to eliminate, standardize, automate and re-allocate activities to achieve efficiency aligned with Target Operating Model. Integrate Sales Control into Linear Rates Trading Control.
- Develop and lead a high performing and engaged team through coaching and guidance to meet agreed goals, including provision of feedback.
- Act in compliance with policies and procedures and adhere to HR policy. Engage Markets stakeholders to identify and mitigate compliance risks and issues ensuring solutions are acceptable
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Extensive experience in professional Finance roles
- Excellent working knowledge of financial instruments and experience with sub-ledger, statutory and regulatory accounting within banking, finance or consulting
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in related numerate degree. Chartered Accountant, Certified Practicing Accountant , Industry accreditation (CFA, MFin, FINSIA, MBA)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills