Group Financial Controller-Mascot
|Location:||Mascot, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Commercial|
About The Company
Following a recent acquisition, this company is now trading with a new identity, brand and service-oriented pivot that will represent a breakaway from traditional competitors and a shift from offering products to providing solutions and offerings to meet customers needs both now and into the future.
They are investing in a best-in-class digital experience, complete with artificial intelligence and full automation to create a premium customer experience.
Primarily operating in Australia and New Zealand, you will be working within a company that believes a creative and productive workplace depends on having a diverse range of experiences, genders, ethnicities and perspectives and offers generous benefits like lifestyle leave, well being programs and opportunities for career development.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the CFO, as the Group Financial Controller you will manage the Group's financial systems and practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
This role works across multiple entities including cross company. Manages responsibilities for the group statutory, regulatory, banking and shareholder reporting requirements.
The role requires a hands-on approach with specific responsibilities for audit requirements, technical requirements, tax requirements, shareholder and bank reporting requirements across the group.
With the change in structure of the operation and the transition nature, you will need to come in and develop a plan of how this team is going to work and execute. This role will be instrumental to ensure we are proactively managing our Statutory, Banking and Regulatory requirements and work closely with the Financial Controllers of the business units to ensure all deliverables / month end numbers are delivered in a timely and accurate manner. This role will work very closely with the Group Treasurer, Group Financial Business Partners/FP&A, General Council and CFO.
- Provide excellent leadership and management measured by the effectiveness, engagement and business unit respect of the team.
- Build productive working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs of end users.
- Manage the Group's financial reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation and lodgement of compliant full year consolidated accounts and management of the audit. Proactive engagement of the auditors to ensure no surprises for year-end.
- Proactive management of the integrity of the numbers including - intercompany eliminations, technical accounting, impairment assessments, single entity accounting, company accounting, key accounting positions
- Leadership role in assessing the impact of future standards (or current year standards) that will impact the FY18 results - IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IFRS 9 (for example)
- Management of dividend flow out of the entities / chain including working with lawyers on structuring the carrying forward losses in equity a particular way
- Manage the Group's statutory taxation obligations (including Income Tax, FBT, BAS, Gaming and Payroll Tax), with responsibility for preparation and lodgement.
- Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting statutory obligations.
- Preparation of annual budgets for holding company entities.
- Perform the accounting function for holding company entities.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA or ACA qualification
- Significant accounting experience, including recent experience in a similar level role within a commercial and/or public practice environment.
- Demonstrated capability in leading & managing an operational team and a practical understanding of contemporary people management practices.
- Prior specialisation in taxation, financial reporting &/or audit.
- Prior experience in leading business process improvement and project management.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in preparing reports and presentations.
- Proven ability to understand key financial and business variables in a complex and changing commercial environment.
- Delivering results - sets own and team goals and consistently overcomes obstacles.
- Adapting to change and leading change - highlights potential improvements in current systems, processes and procedures and encourages others to accept change and gives reasons for change.
- Analytical thinking and trends analysis - can see trends in data and can compile data to arrive at an accurate solution. Gathers and sorts relevant data for analysis.
- Coaching people - acts as a leader, as a mentor, supports others in professional development. Allocates time and effort to discuss development requirements and provides feedback regarding performance and capability.
- Customer orientation - accurately anticipates emerging and current client needs and establishes and maintains positive relationships with customers.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Bo Campbell - Principal Consultant (Finance and Commercial) on 02 9249 5035