General Accounting Manager
|Location:||St Leonards, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
Two GA Manager roles have been created within Group Business Services to continue the centralisation and standardisation of General Accounting to enable greater transparency and efficiency.
Duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage a team of Accountants to ensure that Service levels are met for areas including but not limited to General Ledger reconciliations, journal entries and key month end accounting activities.
- To lead and be responsible for financial accounting requirements for the relevant Business Units and Functions while providing the Business CFO and Finance Leadership Team with insights of the Financial Control environment.
- Support the planning and transition of agreed Accounting activities from the Business Units into the GBS General Accounting Team.
- Be proactive in identifying improvements to the end to end process and participate in group wide initiatives.
- Support the Finance Transformation Team/Program of Work to deliver multiple complex projects across end to end Finance processes.
- Support the development of a service delivery model with the relevant Business Units; develop and monitor KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for General Accounting.
- Support the GBS governance framework/process for General Accounting involving various stakeholders to ensure ongoing value is delivered from the GBS model.
- Enhance internal financial controls and ensure compliance with the minimum financial control standards and potential internal control issues are escalated appropriately in a timely manner.
- Liaises with the auditors, other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and standards
- Ensure appropriate documentation of GBS General Accounting activities.
- Establish performance metrics for activities relating to the General Accounting function and demonstrate improvement over time.
- Drive an employee management strategy to ensure a high performing and engaged team.
- Lead, influence and positively engage with decision makers.
- Establish credibility throughout the organisation as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Senior professional (CA/CPA qualified) with 3+ years post qualification experience.
- At least 5 years' experience in Finance/Accounting roles.
- People Management/Leadership experience highly regarded but not essential.
- Strong stakeholder management skills; well-developed communication skills, a commercial outlook and a mature and engaging interpersonal manner.
- Demonstrable experience in questioning the status quo and simplifying finance processes.
- Experience in delivery of transformational projects in finance including automation.
- Formal qualifications in project management and process improvement highly regarded but not essential.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft and experience with SAP, TM1, BPC and Blackline preferred.