Functional Programming Lead (Haskell, Scala, Clojure)
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Salary:||AU$130000 - AU$170000 per annum + Bonus|
Functional Programming Lead Developer
up to $170k package (dependant on exp)
My client, based in Melbourne's CBD, and one of Australia's most loved and well known organisations is currently looking for a Functional Programmer to lead a stream of work in their enterprise division.
The multi-disciplinary team exists to fundamentally change the way that the organisation drives action from data. The team landscape covers business knowledge, machine learning, software and data engineering, architecture, strategy, commercial management, product ownership, analytical operations and Big Data platform engineering.
- Must have expertise in Functional Programming e.g. Scala, Haskell, Clojure
- Experience in Functional composition and Immutable data structures
- proven success in developing reactive, asynchronous designs
- Hands on experience with source control, automated testing and continuous integration / continuous deployment.
- Test-driven development
- Scrum, Kanban
- Experience designing relational database schemas
- Experience designing and building non-relational data stores e.g. HDFS, Cassandra
- BSc or M.S in Computer Science or similar field
- Work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to clearly identify significant business challenges that can be addressed with Big Data analytical techniques
- Participate in the translation of business problems into clear experimental designs that can be addressed quantifiably with available Big Data datasets and tools including input into business cases as required
- Lead / participate in the scoping and implementation of programs of work to deliver full lifecycle Big Data analytics to channel e.g. to improve customer experience and engage new customers.
If this opportunity is something that would be of interest to you please hit 'APPLY' or call Charlie Beattie on 03 8629 1029