|Location:||Chatswood, New South Wales|
The Cancer Institute NSW is Australia's first statewide cancer control agency, established to lessen the impact of cancer in NSW.
The primary purpose of the role is contribute to the design, development and continual improvement of digital solutions across web, mobile and multi-media applications to ensure positive user experiences.
Key accountabilities/ tasks specific to the role include:
- Create innovative digital experiences that successfully blend together user needs, technology and existing Institute brand assets
- Develop concepts, storyboards and working prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to stakeholders and other team members
- Research and recommend new technologies to ensure the Institute remains innovative with the required capability to deliver quality projects and outcomes
- Design user interface elements that work across browsers, devices and meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards for accessibility
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience and knowledge
- Solid design skills based on expert knowledge of fundamental design principles, colour theory and typography
- Knowledge and understanding of user centred design process fundamentals and methodologies
- A strong desire to solve usability related challenges and find the most innovative solution to a problem
- Tertiary qualifications in Design or Computer Science or demonstrated, equivalent professional experience and training Experience in developing and implementing technology solutions and applications
This is a 6 month contract role with ext - $600 - $800 p/d.