Front-End / Web Developer
This market leading not-for-profit have a network of offices across Queensland and are currently transforming how they provide services to their members through the digitisation and enhancing service delivery. Working within the Website Development team an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Front-End / Web Developer to join for an initial 9-month contract.
Reporting to the Website Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the various team and business stakeholders to determine requirements for web development;
- Create and agree development solution with relevant stakeholders using agile and lean methods that focuses on maximising business value;
- Implement solutions using agreed development practices and technologies to achieve business outcomes in a timely and supportable manner;
- Provide estimates and flag risks and issues that can affect the timely delivery of web development capabilities. Participate in planning sessions as required;
- Work closely with the Integration & Applications Manager and management to deliver business outcomes to agreed timescales and budgets;
- Follow recognised development and testing methodology agreed;
- Application support which includes troubleshooting and issue resolution. Creation of post-incident reviews;
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code artefacts;
- Create and maintain documentation as required to ensure ongoing supportability of website;
- Actively review new technologies and ways of working and champion their use in helping drive business value creation;
- Be actively involved in applying Agile and Lean thinking into the business and development team;
- Provide training to users of business applications.
To be the successful incumbent you will possess:
- At least 4 years' experience in a Web Development or equivalent role
- Demonstrated good understanding in developing Web and Windows Forms applications using Microsoft's .NET Framework (C#) and Visual Studio
- Demonstrated experience in development utilizing Web API, restful or SOAP APIs
- Desire to understanding Sitecore or Similar Content Management System framework, ideal to have experience in Helix deign pattern, "Experience Editor" build pattern.
- Preferable to have DevOps/VSTS/PaaS or equivalent experience for development pipeline
- Desire to have Microsoft Azure Cloud working experience.
- Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
- A positive attitude towards challenges
- Ability to uphold organisation's values and mission
- Flexibility to work hours which may extend beyond core business hours as required depending upon operational needs.
To be considered for this vacancy please click 'Apply Now' to upload an up-to-date resume highlighting your skills and expertise.