Front End or Full Stack Web Developer
A growing web agency which works extensively with creative clients.
- Front (and Back, depending on the candidate) coding, often faithfully reproducing resolution independent and truly responsive websites from PDF, AI or ID finished art files.
- Building static sites and WordPress themes from scratch.
- Assisting the Project Manager with technical requirements and decisions
- Recruitment, staff management and mentoring - as the team grows, and if the role is converted to permanent.
- Occasional meetings with clients (along with another senior employee) when required.
- Prospect of a permanent position on successful completion of the initial 6 Month contract.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing company at an early stage, and to grow a team around you.
- Potential to gain exposure to new technologies, and to drive the technology used. The company is keen to stay not only current, but to be innovative as well.
You will be comfortable in a small environment, and able to work autonomously most of the time. You will be an experienced Front End or Full Stack Developer who manages your time and workload effectively to meet deadlines, whilst working on several projects at different stages concurrently.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent Front End skills, and a keen eye for detail. You should be able to build static sites and WordPress themes from scratch, without the use of:
- bootstrap css, font awesome, page builders, plugin overuse, base or boilerplate themes, bloated frameworks, over engineering (i.e. using react/angular/vue for a holding page)
- Some PHP experience
- Must be able to faithfully reproduce a resolution independent and truly responsive website from PDF, AI or ID finished art files, which requires very close attention to detail, graphic design sensibility, and the ability to visually identify the difference between 25px and 50px
Desirable (but not essential) skills and experience:
- Full LAMP Stack experience
- Experience with new technologies, including React.js, Angular.js, Laravel etc.
- Working knowledge of configuring AWS
Hours are generally 9-5:30 Monday to Friday, although an occasional 'all hands on deck' can be required to ensure deadlines are met.
Start date is as soon as possible.