Financial Reporting Accountant - Multiple Contract Roles
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$45 - AU$60 per hour + Super|
My client is a worldwide financial institution who have made a name for themselves as one of Melbourne's 'must work for' employers. Globally, they have almost $900 billion under management and a relentless drive to provide exceptional service to their clients. Their culture is based on honesty and integrity and they have a history of providing their employees with exceptional opportunities for career progression.
Due to the recent acquisition of new clients, they are currently looking to recruit a number of Financial Accountants on 3-6 month contracts. Despite the initial short term nature of the role, this organisation has a track record of extending contracts or converting candidates into permanent roles. Therefore, the opportunity to stay on in a longer term capacity is a very real possibility.
- Assist in the day to day management of the month-end processes and regulatory requirements
- Ensure statutory accounts are accurately prepared and reviewed
- Identify areas of improvement with regards to process and procedure and challenge the status quo
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to APRA & ABS
- Review of Trust Distributions
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly BAS statements
- Review of payroll tax calculations
- Identifying process improvement opportunities
- Review of monthly and quarterly account reconciliation
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- At least 2 years financial services experience ideally within a funds management, custody or superannuation environment.
- Thorough understanding of Australian Accounting standards
- Strong communication skills
- Available immediately / short notice period
If you would like to apply for the role, please do so ASAP and I will respond with feedback to all applications as quickly as possible.
Principle Consultant - Banking and Financial Services